HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Mustang Blog

I am about to embark this weekend on a road trip that I have been looking forward to for years. The day I get to buy a 1967 Mustang Fastback. And I can hardly wait! But my interest in Mustangs didn't just start this week....

It all started back in 2002. My Geo Storm died and I was in desperate need for a new car. My dad had found a brand new Mustang at the local dealership, worked out a deal, and I traveled home to get it. One problem though, when we showed up on Saturday morning, someone had sold it the night before! I still needed a car, the Storm was dead and I had to get to work on Monday. So we went searching around the other dealers in the area, and found a good deal on a nice 2001 Mustang.

8/2002 - where have these past 10 years gone???



Let's be honest here, there was nothing nice about the car. Not only did the I settle on an automatic (the original one had a manual), but it was cursed. On the 3rd day I owned the car, my buddy Marine smashed into the door of it while backing out of a parking spot. And I don't even want to get into the lemon hearings....it was not a good car.

I will have to admit though that this is where my obsession with working on cars started. I was never happy with that Mustang and always looking at ways to make it into what I wanted. I loved Mustangs but always found myself wanting what I should have gotten instead of what I got, and decided to trade it in and get my pride and joy, my F150.

As it looked the day I got it









As it looks today
One thing I learned from the Mustang is that I will never settle again for just a car. The truck has everything I
wanted with a truck and I couldn't be happier. I have enjoyed working on it over the years and am very proud that I do all of the maintenance work on the truck.

So I have started a blog to document this fun and exciting adventure, and I wanted to take a moment to give a shout out to a couple of my buddies that were inspiration for this. I recommend that you check out both Greg's blog (http://teambearpatrol.blogspot.com/) and Bryan's blog (http://uglylakehouse.blogspot.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment