HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Furry Dashes

Well it didn't take long for me to work on my first fix of the mustang.  It was really small problem, but it really bothered me.  The previous owner had patched a row of fur to cover the holes of the lower dash pad when it fell out sometime ago (see pic below). 


Shagadelic
 Man it looked terrible, so I ordered a new lower dash pad from CJ's Pony Parts (free shipping).  With the use of Cathy's hair dryer, I was able to get the fur off the dash.  After a little Goo-Gone to clean off the fur glue, I bolted the new lower dash pad into place and it looks as good as new. 


Dash after it's haircut

New pad in place, not too bad looking if you ask me
 Total project took about 20 minutes.  I did have to remove the glove box to get access to the bolt holes for the new pad, but overall it was a very easy project.  My next project will be to fix the stereo system.  That equalizer in the picture has to go and replace the door that goes over the storage area under the stereo.  The stereo also gives some bad feedback when the motor is running so there is some electrical work that I need to do in there as well.  But for now I am going to bask in my lower dash pad glory.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I can think of some fun EE nerdy ways to fix the Stereo noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ditch the equalizer, OR the tapedeck, those things are cherry! Bro.

    ReplyDelete