HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Hunt for Red October

I have been searching for years for the right Mustang.  One of my favorite past times is jumping on the computer to scourer Craigslist ads and EBay Motors to see what is out there.  If there is one thing I have found, most 67 fastbacks fall into two categories: 
  1. Needing Restoration - there is no shortage of rusted out old cars out there that are perfect for a complete restoration or donor cars for a restoration.  You can usually find these cars in the $5k - $15k range depending on their condition
  2. This fine stang can be yours for the cool price of $9,000 OBO
  3. Completed Restorations - these are cars that people just finished a restoration and are in perfect condition.  These cars can fetch $30k or more depending on the level of work that was done.
Only has 1,200 miles since being restored and can be yours for $33,500

The problem is, I am not in the market for either of these.  My perfect Mustang is an older restoration, a driver.  Something that I can get in and drive to a car show or take a cruise in.  Something that is in really good shape, but still has some projects to do.  Something I can upgrade over time as my budget allows me.  This is what I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment