HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Monday, May 9, 2011

BABOOM!!!!


Home Sweet Home

I still can't believe it!  Saturday was such a long but awesome day.  My wife Cathy wanted to come along for the journey, so I loaded up the truck and my dog Montana, and we started our trip to Indiana at 7:30am.  For some reason, the drive through Illinois and Indiana wasn't that boring this time, weird.




After 6+ hours and numerous dog bathroom breaks, I was able to meet the seller around 3pm eastern, and we talked for awhile and looked over the car.  I could already tell that this car was taken care of and in excellent condition.  I looked over this car front to back, up and down and could not find anything major wrong with it.  It started right up and sounded like music to my ears.

There were some storms rolling through right at that time, so we didn't get it out and drive it right away.  Instead I went down and picked up my trailer.  Nothing like hooking up a trailer and re-wiring the trailer connection to the truck in a midwest thunderstorm.  I was on a mission, nothing was going to stop me.

The thunderstorm rolled through and we were able to get it out on the road.  And this thing was solid, no squeaks or rattles.  It drove as good as it looked.  Well as good as a 45 year old manual steering, manual drum brake car drives.  This car came as advertised if not better, so I promised to take good care of it, and we signed the paperwork.  It was officially mine.  We loaded it up on the trailer, took a couple of last photographs, and we were on our way back home.


All loaded up and ready to go

It was an interesting ride home to say the least.  We hit some pretty nasty thunderstorms on the way home in Indiana, but once we hit Illinois it was dry and clear sailing.  The truck handled towing the car extremely well (as it should).  All of the temps were in range, we did drop from 16.5 mpg down to 13 mpg towing, and our speed was maxed at 65 mph. 
 
I had at least one person come up to me
at each gas station we stopped at on the way home


We finally made it home just before midnight.  It took about 17 awesome hours door to door and it was a trip I will never forget.  And as much as Cathy says she is going to hold it over my head for going on this trip, I know she had a good time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment