HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Monday, March 3, 2014

Under Construction: Part 3

This is part three of a three part series:
Before I could move my stuff over, there were a few things I wanted to make happen.  First I wanted to epoxy the floor which I went with the 100% solid epoxy floor from Epoxy-Coat.  I got the gray epoxy with black, red, and white medium flecks.  I have to admit though I think my impatience got the best of me on this one.  The instructions say it is best when applied over 40 degrees, and by then the cold had really come in and I had laid the floor down in 30 degree weather (at best) and the floor application just really didn't go on smooth.  Especially the clear top coat.  Overall it looks fine though, probably not as smooth though as if I had done this in the spring, but I am okay with it.

The other thing I had to do was get an electrician out to wire up the garage.  My plan is to set up the single door side as the work bay with the double door being the parking bay.  I had a 100 amp subpanel installed in the garage.  This should give plenty of room for expansion for things like a compressor or welder someday. I also went with plenty of overhead shop lighting and outlets around the perimeter especially in the working bay side.

And finally, I went with Cardinal Door for the garage door openers.  They have Liftmaster openers that connect to your home wifi through a gateway, that way I can monitor activity through my cell phone.  Also as a little bit of a splurge, since I was surprised that I ended up with almost 10' to the trusses, my eyes started getting big thinking of getting a lift someday, so I went ahead and ordered a side mounted unit.  The LiftMaster 8500 Series mounts directly to the wall and opens the door from the side.  This frees up then the overhead space for the future (not going to be this year).

Lighting and epoxy floor







Everything's moved over, now I need to figure out how I want it organized


And finally, does it Truck?

YES!

In the coming months I am sure I will be posting more as I get the garage more organized.  And as spring comes, the I am going to get the itch for some projects.  I still have that pesky Rear Main Oil Seal Leak that I have been chasing, plus this year my goal is to rebuild the cooling system with a new radiator.  We'll see what the funds let me do though.


No comments:

Post a Comment