HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Under Pressure

Just wanted to write a quick post following up on the Chasing Oil Leaks post.  I've been busy with school that I really haven't been able to post and follow-up on it.  I tested the oil pressure and it was up around 60psi.  That is around the high end of normal, so there were some suggestions to try and reduce the oil pressure in the system.  The car did not really have a PCV system in place to relieve the crankcase pressure so the thought was that it would help the engine to put one in.  So I went out and picked up a PCV valve, oil breather, rubber hosing, a set of new valve covers and gaskets.

BEFORE:
Before:  No real PCV system in place

AFTER:
New valve covers with PCV valve going to carb vacuum 


















Other side with oil breather connected to bottom of air cleaner








RESULT:
Whelp, pretty much the engine bay looks cleaner.  The new steel/rubber valve cover gaskets fixed the oil leak onto the manifold, but I am still leaking oil under the car.  Pretty much accepted that it is the rear main oil seal and will probably seek out someone to fix that this fall sometime.  But for now, I am going to enjoy the car.  There are some good car shows coming up that I want to go to, and I like that now the car looks more like an original HiPo engine bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment