HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cobra Oil Pan Install

I took off work on Friday to do some work on the car.  Since my semester ended at school, I wanted to catch up on some of the winter spring projects that I haven't gotten to yet.  First order was installing the Cobra T Oil Pan I picked up from Tony D. Branda from my hometown of Altoona, PA.  I also picked up a new FelPro one-piece oil pan gasket that everyone raves about.  The pins that come with the gasket hold the gasket and the pan on the engine so you can bolt it in.

New 7.5q Oil Pan (stock image)

I followed the instructions from this Mustang Monthly article which made it look easy, but I had a hard time with this one.  The old oil pan was a deep from sump pan and I had to remove the brace, loosen the pitman arm, and remove the starter to get the old pan out.  Since the old pan was a deep sump, I needed to get a new Melling oil pickup from O'Reilly's to fit the new oil pan.



New versus Old


It was a pain by I finally got new pan bolted up.  Filled everything up again and fired the car up.  Checked the oil pressure and took it for a quick test drive.  Everything looked good and there were no leaks.  I got pretty frustrated with this install and it took way longer than it should have, but I am happy with the results.

All buttoned up


Other Items:

That shift kit from last week left a bad taste in my mouth and it left my shifter in even worse shape than before.  So going off what I learned from the first one, I ordered another one and also installed it.  This one worked out a lot better.  I also picked up a new stock shift knob.  My old one was worn out and needed an upgrade.

Four on the floor





This is an off week for class before the summer semester starts (only two more to go).  I plan on getting those seats reupholstered, honestly.



No comments:

Post a Comment