HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Monday, April 8, 2013

Stereo Install

Well it is officially spring and I have yet to finish any of my winter projects.  I tried really hard to have the JVC work as a trick head unit hid in the glovebox while keeping the stock AM radio in the center console.  I tried to mimic what this guy did with his head unit, but I could not get the JVC unit to fit, it was just too big.  So I did the next best thing and installed it in the truck!

Well it was back to the drawing board with the stereo and I did some more research.  I found the RetroSound Model II stereo and thought I would give it a try.  It is a pretty cool idea to me, a retro looking stereo with all modern functions.  I especially like the Bluetooth streaming that works well with my Android phone.  CJ Pony Parts was having a 30% off sale in March so I picked one of these up.  I also used their nice installation video to get an idea of how to install the stereo:





It still took a good bit of time to install it especially since I really wanted to make sure everything was wired correctly.  I also pulled out the center console to be able to get back in behind the dash and have good access to the install.  In addition to the stereo, I installed some new Infinity speakers.  I am a huge audiophile and love my music, it was really no choice when I heard these at Audio Express.

The setup I used to replace the center dash speaker with two smaller speakers

Out with the old (left) and in with the new (right)

Pretty clean install


And finally the test of the system (it's a little dark, but it's the sound that counts):



I'm a happy Caveman with this one.  Now I just need to reupholster those damn seats and get this thing back on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment