HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Rear Suspension Work

It seems like work, school, and life have been getting in the way of me getting out to the garage to get some work done.  This is an update about six weeks late (sorry).  My goal for this year is to work on the suspension and tighten up the steering.  Back in March I was able to work on the rear suspension.  The goal is to install new Koni shocks and I also wanted to get rid of the traction bars (I am not a big fan of them).

Before:  Worn Shocks and Traction Bars



The Koni Shocks should be an improvement over the worn Gabriel Shocks

New Shocks Installed and Ready to Go


In the six weeks since then I have gotten all the parts to do the following:

  • New upper control arms
  • Standard lower control arms
  • Roller spring perches
  • 1 1/8" front sway bar kit
  • 560lb 1" drop coil springs
  • Poly coil spring insulators
  • Manual steering kit with roller idler arm
  • Strut rod bushings
  • Disc brake conversion kit

I am hoping to do this work next weekend and I can't wait!  

So many new goodies to go on the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment