HOME
NEW: Visit my Mustang's Spec Page

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Back to Stock Part Deux

The past couple of weeks have been busy and I haven't been able to do much stuff with the Mustang. One piece of good news is my historical vehicle plates finally came. I sent in the paperwork back in the middle of May, and then in the middle of June I got the paperwork back because I forgot to sign the application (DOH!), so I signed it, sent it back in and I finally got the plates last week a couple weeks after that.  A two month turnaround time for the government isn't that bad is it???

One thing I did end up ordering is a new air cleaner assembly this week. The previous owner had an open-top air cleaner where all it takes is some wrong timing, a little back fire out the carb, and you car is on fire. That's something I am not looking into getting myself into. So I found a reproduction of a 289 HiPo Air Cleaner and now it has more of that stock look under the hood and safer.

Open-top Air Cleaner = Fire Hazard = Bad

Dad helping out
I was glad that even with the semi hi-rise intake there was still plenty of clearance



No comments:

Post a Comment